Thursday, April 03, 2008

Ok, so the Bahamas aren't in the Delta


But nearly eleven years ago this week, all these beach babes, myself included, had rented one of those cutesy dune buggies to tear around Freeport and beyond. Here, we are leaving a local "garden", heading up to the north western part of the island to chase the sunset. As I recall, we didn't make the end of the island, but instead turned around to stop at The Pier Restaurant just in time to enjoy our favorite treat...a Coupe Bahini. Vanilla and chocolate ice cream with a wonderful liqueur and strawberries, bananas and pineapple...whipped cream and cherry on top...ok, gotta go...the recipe is calling my name after long dog day in my garden. My refreshment will be a little more simple...like just a couple of scoops of vanilla and dream of the days of the dolphins. While all these buds did their thing, I headed off to become a dolphin trainer...which means I must dig out those photos of feeding, walking (yes, you actually walk dolphins), swimming with and training the dolphin pictures. They are around here somewhere...

No comments: